Skip to content
copyThing 5.0.3 - 5.1.3
- Compatibility for the latest releases of iOS, iTunes and macOS.
- Various smaller enhancements and fixes.
- Cosmetic changes.
- Compatibility for iOS 8.4
- For the older Mac OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) there is now a separate release available. This was necessary because of compatibility issues which made it impossible to support Mac OS 10.6.8 and iOS 8.4 in one build.
- Completely re-written from scratch (better and faster in every respect).
- New clean user interface with one-click transfers.
- Device source list with bubbles, making it super-easy to see which device content is missing from iTunes.
- Transfer Wizard - automatically copies missing content by media kind, playlists, or just every missing item.
- One-click playlist transfer - creates selected playlist(s) (if missing) and smart copies all missing items from here as required.
- One-click media file or playlist entry transfer - copies selected items within categories or playlists (again, only if missing in iTunes).
- Enhanced duplicate prevention. Existing matching media files in iTunes are used to recreate device playlists in iTunes.
- Live search the whole device library, or within media categories, or within playlists.
- Threaded copying: at any time, select more content to transfer while a transfer is already in progress.
- Optionally, playlists can be copied with the addition of a name-prefix, e.g. "Claire's iPhone: 999 Love Songs", to separate copied device playlists from existing playlists in iTunes.
- Folder Copy: copies media items from the device to a Finder folder on your Mac, sorted in subfolders. This mode does not require iTunes.
- Support for OS X Fullscreen mode and Notification Center.
- Direct iOS device support (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch). No jailbreak required.
- Direct iPod device support (classic, nano, mini, shuffle, etc), regardless of disk mode settings.
- Integrates with iTunes, regardless of iTunes' media preferences.
- Prevents with one click unwanted iTunes device-syncing (which may delete restorable content on your device).
- New clean app icon.
- If you own a license for iPod.iTunes 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x, you are eligible to upgrade to copyThing 5 for an upgrade fee.